Premier League Headlines: Cole Palmer Set for The Blues Return; Gueye's Unsuccessful Red Card Appeal Lacks Explanation
First Story: Key Talent Palmer Ready for Crucial Capital Derby with Arsenal
The Blues head coach Enzo Maresca stated on the final weekday that Cole Palmer is available for selection for the squad's significant top-flight match against local opponents Arsenal.
The young England midfielder had been sidelined due to a fractured toe suffered after an accidental incident.
âHe is fit to begin and feature,â Maresca declared. âEveryone is happy.â
This season, Palmer has featured in just four games in all tournaments, scoring twice.
Since his arrival from Manchester City in 2023, he has recorded 45 scores and 29 helpers in 101 matches for the London club.
âHe is our top performer, we are happy he is back, we need to give him time to be 100% fit,â Maresca continued. âHe has been brilliant historically and no doubt he is going to do great things for this club in the future.â
2. Everton Get No Explanation for Failed Gueye Red Card Challenge
Everton have failed in their appeal against Idrissa Gueye's sending off for an on-field altercation with teammate Michael Keane during the team's narrow win at Manchester United.
The 36-year-old Senegalese midfielder was dismissed just 13 minutes into the contest after hitting Keane amid a dispute over a poor pass.
Gueye immediately apologized, and the pair appeared making up later in a light-hearted online post.
However, the challenge against the dismissal was rejected, and Gueye must serve a three-game ban, leaving Everton short-staffed for their next fixture against Newcastle.
âWe have appealed it and our appeal was turned down,â coach the manager stated. âWe havenât been given any reason why it was turned down but we did appeal it.â
When asked about any further fallout from the event, Moyes remarked: âIt was over immediately, it was done, that was it, we moved on swiftly and it was all sorted within the team environment.â
Third Story: Yoane Wissa Practices with Newcastle for Initial Session since Setback
Newcastle United's recent acquisition Yoane Wissa has trained with his new teammates for the first time since suffering a knee injury soon after his move from his former club in the autumn.
Manager Eddie Howe announced the development on the end of the week but did not disclose a potential comeback timeline for the 29-year-old.
Newcastle brought in the striker for a significant fee to replace Alexander Isak, who joined Liverpool for a British record sum.
Regrettably, Wissa was hurt while on national team service before he could play his first game for Newcastle.
âHis recovery is going smoothly, he trained with us for the first time on Wednesday, so I was extremely satisfied with how he looked,â Howe said. âIt was his initial competitive session with the team. Letâs see how he responds today.â
Howe added: âWe have a target return date, but itâs probably best if I withhold that information. We donât want to disappoint anyone. Naturally, we want to involve him as promptly.â
In other news, Kieran Trippier will be out of action for a month with a hamstring injury.
4. The Reds' Slump âIrrelevantâ, Says West Ham Boss Nuno
West Ham United manager Nuno EspĂrito Santo has stated that Liverpool' recent poor form âshould not be a focusâ as his side gets ready to take on the ailing top-flight title holders.
The Liverpool manager's team has lost six of the last seven Premier League matches, falling out of the upper half of the table.
Nevertheless, Nuno highlighted that there can be no room for overconfidence when the sides meet on the weekend at the London Stadium.
âLiverpool are a quality side and in football, what matters is what you do on the day,â Nuno commented. âWe are preparing to play the title winners, players that are skilled and capable of doing good things, so we have to be ready.
âThe past of the outcomes before, the performance of the teams, is not that important. It is about the match day. Aware that we are going to face a high-quality team, that has players capable of doing fantastic things, so we have to be fully prepared, to perform.â
West Ham will welcome back Lucas PaquetĂĄ after his ban, while Crysencio Summerville and Dinos Mavropanos are stepping up their recovery from fitness issues.
5. Morgan Gibbs-White in Contention for Forest against The Seagulls
Nottingham Forest's manager Sean Dyche is hopeful that Morgan Gibbs-White will be fit for the side's at home match against Brighton & Hove Albion on the weekend.
The English international missed Thursday's Europa League game against the Swedish side due to a back issue.
âFortunately, it seems to be calming down,â Dyche commented as he prepared to face the Brighton manager's team, who have secured a decent haul from their past three outings.
âItâs like a bad back, but a morning sort of injury, one where you just sleep funny or move improperly. So weâre not expecting, at this stage anyway, that itâs too serious and itâs easing already. So weâre hopeful that itâll be okay for the weekend.â
Murillo was feeling his hamstring after the comfortable European victory, but Dyche said the player âshould be fineâ.
However, the full-back (thigh injury), Douglas Luiz (thigh), the winger (hamstring), the striker (knee), and the defender (hip) are expected to be unavailable.
6. Oliver Glasner: Conference League Loss Will Not Set Back Crystal Palace
The Eagles head coach Oliver Glasner feels that the disappointment of midweek's European defeat to Strasbourg is a sign of how far the team has advanced in challenging on two fronts.
The domestic cup holders took the lead at Stade de la Meinau through Tyrick Mitchell's opening period goal but were equalized against by the opposition manager's side, who moved up to runner-up in the table.
Crystal Palace now return to Premier League action with a at Selhurst Park fixture against the Red Devils, and Glasner is optimistic his side can maintain their challenge for a top four place.
âComparable to the recent setback at Goodison Park, it just feels that it was totally avoidable and it is our fault,â Glasner said. âHowever, we have to acknowledge it. The effort was there but it is a game we could have avoided losing.â
Glasner confirmed that Borna Sosa would miss out for the weekend's match after he did not travel to France, but Will Hughes, who was substituted during the opening period against Strasbourg, is expected to be in the matchday squad.